Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Birthday Celebration at CSI

CSI has just turned five!  They are on their 221st challenge.  Wow!  Debbi has invited all retired detectives to help celebrate by playing along this month.

Here's the case.  I was super excited that this case even came with a sketch to use.


Here's how I solved the case.




My evidence: grid pattern, circles, fruit, enamel dots, leaves, stamped phrase and string.


My testimony: document a birthday, used inspiration words sweet and delicious, mixed handwriting with phrase stickers.

These challenges always get me to use up older stash.  For this challenge I mixed some newer Jillibean Soup paper with some vintage Basic Grey Urban Prairie.  The palette was exact!

I'll be playing along again in mid January.  The palette is awesome!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch and all your delicious and delightful details, Jennifer! So happy to have you out of retirement for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour palette and the layout. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page!! Love that photo of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Jen! I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Teri from Grande Prairie. I decided to return to my blog yesterday and was so excited to see that you are still posting! It has been YEARS since I have posted and/or read scrapbooking blogs, but I'm excited to get back into it. I hope you are well! This page is stunning. Every time I embellish a page, I still think of the "bits and bops" tutorial you did for me years ago where you showed how you decide where to put your embellishments. This is a gorgeous example of your technique! :) I'm excited to read through your blog and see what else you have been up to. I'm hoping to post on my own blog later today, too. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous page this is! A perfect way to start the New Year and, I hope, a happy signal of lots of inspiration to come in 2017

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun birthday celebration page. Neat idea for evidence, the case & solving ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh - I'm loving that old pic, especially the haircut! What a fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you solved this case!! Such awesome colors and fun sketch! LOVE the old photo you used!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...